Blog writing for pleasure in your leisure time is different, and blog writing for a very specific reason – to drive traffic to your website is a different thing altogether! When you write a blog post with an intention of driving quality traffic to your website, there are many considerations that you need to take into account. The blog should be easily discoverable on the internet. Meaning SEO is important. But what good is a discoverable blog, if it’s not a good read? Meaning reader’s are important too.
So, whatever you include in your blog writing, ensure that you have the best interests of readers and search engines in mind. Readers should find value in your writing, and search engines should be able to crawl and understand your content. Blog writing is getting a little tricky! But if that’s what your audience (search engine and readers included) are expecting, wouldn’t you rather work on it and deliver? You are right. And worry not, here are a few tips to bear in mind while you blog:
- There is absolutely no compromise on the quality of content. If you write content that is not interesting in the first place, no amount of SEO (Search engine optimization) will help.
- If your topic is interesting, ensure that there are no other “quality” violations like spelling and grammar mistakes.
- A catchy title that creates an impact is the essence of blog writing. Readers shall base their decision to read the article through only after looking at the title. As for search engines – include your strongest search terms (keywords) in the title!
- The title should be relevant to the blog that follows of course.
- Blog writing definitely does not mean writing lengthy pieces of information. Well, it does not mean writing too less too.
- If you are using graphics, maintain a good graphics to text ratio. SEO frowns upon too less text; well readers do not find it a good read too!
- If you have to use graphics, ensure that they are optimized (like alt tag, descriptions etc)
- Blog writing is a continuous activity. Remember to add posts frequently.
- If there is an older post that you can link to, or refer to, great – link it!
- Submit your posts to popular social networking sites. Readers attracted via these channels are a great way to promote your website. Search engine take social signal well too! Make sure you’re there and your blog is there where readers and search engines are looking!
There is no one way. However there are a few tried and tested tips. This is an attempt to put together a few tips for blog writing to help you create incredible blogs. Blog writing is a way to promote your business too so, ensure that you make the most out of it.[ad_2]
Source by Chirag S Vyas